We are thankful for press and patrons alike who have submitted press about Cranky’s over the years.
- Shepherd Express Best of Milwaukee Winners 2015, Award: Best Doughnuts, Shepherd Express, January 2016
- 700 Santa Clauses are Coming to Town this Saturday, Eric Engelbart, Shepherd Express, December 2015
- Memory Cafe opens at Cranky Al’s in Wauwatosa, Abby Nitta, Wauwatosa Now, November 2015
- In search of the perfect pizza: Cranky Al’s, Rick Rodriguez, On Milwaukee, March 2015
- Alton Brown Road Eats: Milwaukee, Alton Brown, Alton Brown Blog, February 2015
- Like pizza and pastries? Cranky Al’s in East Tosa offers both, Real Milwaukee Morning Show, Fox 6, March 2015
- 50 Reasons to Love Milwaukee, Ranked #3 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee Magazine Staff, September 2015
- My Favorite Doughnuts in the U.S.A., Alton Brown, Alton Brown Blog, June 2015
- Vive croissants! Where to get good croissants in Milwaukee, Angela Peterson, JSOnline, July 2014
- Table Talk with Stacy Vogel Davis, Milwaukee Business Journal, March 2014
- Award-winning fish fry Wauwatosa Patch, Reader Poll, March 2012
- Best Pizza, The Final Five in Milwaukee – Milwaukee Magazine, January 2013
- Best Coffee Shop, WiG’s Best of the Best
- Donuts are Good for You, Wauwatosa Patch, June , 2013
- Psychologist’s advice is easy to swallow at Tosa coffee shop, JS Online, April 2009
- Cranky Al’s: Hand-cranked food served with a side of community, Karen Waldkirch, November, 2011, Wauwatosa Now
- Another Friday, many more fish fry choices Bobby Tanzilo’s Blogs, OnMilwaukee, March 2011
- Milwaukee grasps pizza by the slice, Julie Lawrence, OnMilwaukee, April 2010
- Visiting Cranky Al’s, Sara Neall, Milwaukee Mag.com, October 2010
We’ve also been honored to have been selected to be part of two radio programs. First, with Radio Milwaukee’s Adam Carr in The Neighborhood Project and more recently, with Katie O’Connell from 620 WTJM as part of the We Love Wisconsin Tour.
In 2010, John McGivern stopped by to try out some donuts in his MPTV series, Around the Corner with John McGivern and we even made our debut on the silver screen in The Magnificent Donut, written and directed by local Wauwatosan Karen Lindholm-Rynkiewicz.